Events in the City of Frederick December 2012
There are four First Saturdays in the City of Frederick December 2012, with a number of Christmas festivities around Frederick County. There are many events for children of all ages during this magical time.
First Saturday(s) in the Historic District
Saturdays in December, the theme in the Historic District is “Four Saturdays in December”, featuring carriage rides, food & wine tastings, art exhibit openings, guest artists and live entertainment. There will be free trolley rides, Santa, Frosty and many other special events for children. Kids will enjoy free hot cocoa and make-your-own S’mores.
- December 1st: EAT
- December 8th: DRINK
- December 15th: BE MERRY
- December 22nd: SHOP
Find Details at the Downtown Frederick Partnership website.
Christmas Festivities Continue in Frederick County!
- Kris Kringle Parade, Fri. Dec. 7, 6:30 pm.
- Candlelight Ghost Tours, downtown Frederick.
- Winterfest: Arts & Crafts Market, Schifferstadt Architectural Museum, Nov. 17 – 18.
- Festival of Lights, Nov. 30, City Hall Courtyard
- Candlelight House Tour, Dec. 1-2.
- Holiday Carriage Rides in Downtown Frederick, Saturdays and Sundays, 4 – 8 pm. $10. Call the City of Frederick Rec Dept. 301-600-1492
- Cookies and Carriage Holiday Light Tour, Friday Dec. 14, 5:30 – 9 pm. Call the City of Frederick Rec Dept. 301-600-1492
- Holiday Open House, Urbana Library, Dec. 1st and 2nd.
- Christmas in the Valley, Dec. 1st. Main St. Middletown
- Live Nativity, Urbana Fire Department, Dec. 2. at 6, 7, and 8 pm.
- Third Annual Shadrack’s Light Show, Adventure Park USA, Nov. 19 – Jan 3.
- Snow-Global Celebration, Sat. Dec. 8, 10 am to 2 pm, William Talley Recreation Center, 121 N. Bentz St.
- Cinderella Carriage Rides, Sat. Dec. 8th, 4 – 8 pm. Brewer’s Alley, 124 N. Market St., $25. Call City of Frederick Rec Dept. 301-600-1492
- Holiday Magic at Rose Hill Manor, Dec. 1. Craft project, activities, Santa, and Magic Shows. (301) 600-1650
- Santa Train, Walkersville Southern Railroad, Dec. 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16.
- FCSME Model Train Open House, De. 8, 9, Jan. 6, 13, 20, 27. This display of an HO and HOn3 model railroad is built inside a real Chesapeake & Ohio horse/baggage car. open 1-4.
- Mystery of the Christmas Star, Ausherman Planetarium, 210 Madison St., Dec. 13.
- Breakfast with Santa and Mrs. Clause, Way Off Broadway, Dec. 23-24.
- Museums by Candlelight, Dec. 8. Various locations in Frederick County, including the Frederick County Museum, 24 East Church St.
- Candlelight Tour of Historic Houses of Worship, Dec. 26. Historic District, Frederick. 301-600-4045
Goodwill & Peace to All, Holiday Fashion Show and Cocktail, $35, $40. Venue: The Faux School, 35 South Carroll St. Dec. 1, 7 to 10 pm.
Harvester Holidays, Dec. 1st. Take a tractor drawn wagon ride through downtown Frederick. Support Operation Rescue.
Festival of the Greens and Stockings – ends Dec. 1st. Cultural Arts Center, 15 N. Market ST
- See more non-profit events on the Frederick Community Calendar
Enjoy the Holiday festivities in Frederick Md, and the blessings of family and friends!